March 23, 2018
Santa Cruz, Calif.—The San José State beach volleyball team recorded a 3-2 win over San Francisco Friday afternoon in Santa Cruz.
The three winning pairs came at the #1, #3 and #5 positions. Lyndi Scholl and Nandyala Gama won 21-19 and 21-15 in the first position. Luiza Andrade and Breann Robinson needed three sets to win 18-21, 21-16, 15-4, in the third spot. Jamie Hirai and Thaliana Grajeda won 26-24 and 21-19 in the fifth position.
Julia Golbeck and Ciara Reistad fell in the second spot, 21-19, 21-15, while Kaitlynn Zroik and Laura Parts fell, 22-20, 21-13, in the fourth spot.
Summer Avery and Ryann Thomison won in an exhibition match, 21-9, 21-8.
San José State is now 7-9 on the season and will take Spring Break off before returning to the courts on Thursday, April 5, with a dual at Saint Mary’s beginning at 3 p.m.
Beach Volleyball Match Results
Mar 23, 2018 at Santa Cruz, Calif.
San José State 3, San Francisco 2
1. Lyndi Scholl / Nandyala Gama (SJSU) def. Anna Dalla Vecchia/Julia Topor (USF) 21-19, 21-15
2. Haley Howell/Carly Lowry (USF) def. Julia Golbeck / Ciara Reistad (SJSU) 21-19, 21-15
3. Luiza Andrade / Breann Robinson (SJSU) def. Nora Buvarp Lavik/Sabrina Blackwell (USF) 18-21, 21-16, 15-4
4. Camille Araujo/Erica Ronda (USF) def. Kaitlynn Zdroik / Laura Parts (SJSU) 22-20, 21-13
5. Jamie Hirai / Thaliana Grajeda (SJSU) def. Pi’kea Clemens/Shannon Levinson (USF) 26-24, 21-19
Ext. Summer Avery / Ryann Thomison (SJSU) def. Trish Koutsoukos/Emily Zinger (USF) 21-9, 21-8
Records: San Francisco 2-7; San José State 7-9.
# # #